Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fashionista

This is my cousin GIGI (on the right in white shirt) whom I have not seen since 1981. I didn't know she lives in Menlo Park, just South of San Francisco. She called me and suggested we meet. I told her., "Fine. Come over. I don't drive. This is the only thing I cannot do as I freak out on the wheels." She said, "I'd come over, cousin- no problem!" Our cousin GRACE from New York gave her my phone number and that was how it all started our re-connection as relatives.

Three weeks ago on a good day, she drove down my neighborhood and we had lunch at my favorite cafe in North Beach called, "CALZONE'S." It was a warm reunion for us despite the fact that we were not really close since we moved in different directions. Now much older, she wanted to keep the connection open between us since she said we are the only close relatives left here in this part of the globe. "We might as well have relationship since most of our older relatives are either sick or have passed away."

Gigi was a fashion model in the Philippines in the lates '80s and early '90s. After I have been involved in international education, I didn't hear much about her whereabout since I started to move around the globe with my work. So I had no idea she relocated here in the West Coast.


Today, she has a 17-year old daughter named Gabrielle. Gigi works for a real estate company and travels on the side. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: