Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Agnes, Visiting North Beach


My friend for all seasons, AGNES, came by two weeks ago and slept over at my place. I met her at the BLOOMINGDALE's concierge where I waited for her for a short while. She got off from the BART station which was convenient as it was connected right into the doors of the mall. From BLOOMINGDALE's, we took the bus that brought us to Washington Square, then- we walked. Shortly, we were home.

Agnes is a funny lady who travels to the USA at least every other year since I met her to visit her daughter in San Jose. Back in Manila, I knew her four years ago when she and I worked together in the academic milieu. Agnes was one of the few people who visited me early on when I first arrived here in the USA, just on my first week after I got married. All through the years that passed, she was able to track me down from the suburbs to the city of San Francisco.

Her visit was interesting. We did stuff together like young girls do. Talk, giggle, eat and catch up with time. At home, she was amused with my culinary expertise. I prepped a variety of cuisine to pamper her during her visit. The one that she enjoyed most was watching me bake a French baguette. It was like magic for it seemed to fascinate her infinitely at that moment.

Though very short her visit with me, it was okay since she left with a happy heart. Likewise, I felt great for she had enliven me again during that little time she spent with me. It's interesting on how positive people could leave an indelible memory. She is one of those that could perk up a gray day. That's way she is loved by many.

Thanks, Agnes for passing by. It was good while it last! Come and visit again next time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: