Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Maykadeh Restaurant


Maykadeh Restaurant on Green St.
This is my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant in my neighborhood which just two blocks on foot from my residence. They have been here since the 80s.  Can you believe that? It is elegant, neat and has a really nice ambience, quiet for a lunch date which I like. They serve dinner, too. 

Wherever I am, I can’t stand to be in a noisy place to eat. I want to enjoy a peaceful meal without having to deal with loud  diners who have no finesse and or  being in the company of screaming kids, whose parents are insensitive in not to teaching them how to behave in public. So far, this is just the milieu for me. Quiet and nice.

The urge to come here has been impromptu. Husband and I were planning to just grab an Italian sandwich, at Subway (we eat the meat and dump the bread due to our low carb diet for over 5 years now). But it would mean a fifteen-minute drive to North Point. We looked at each other and in tandem our eyes met. We casually kinda say it in unison, “Ah....na. let’s just stay home.”  However, upon seeing the sun being out this noon (it has been over cast for more than a week), we thought that it would be nice to be out for a short walk;  have a nice meal somewhere near' support the local economy and  enjoy this beautiful day. So we did.
Since we are in the center of all the fabulous international restaurants in the area, it is quite convenient to saunter and enjoy our time to choose on where to go. Unlike the others who have to drive here for a date night, husband and I just have to go downstairs from our milieu. Et voila,  we are in already in any of restaurants  we fancy. Thai. Japanese, Greek, Mexican, Chinese, Indian, Argentinian, and Italian. This neighborhood is surrounded primarily with Italian restaurants because North Beach is equivalent to New York city's Little Italy.

 

Busy Weekend

The past days were exhilarating for me and I just didn’t have much energy left to tinker around my Lilliputian  kitchen to cook. 

I have been working on the layout of a "political blog" for somebody and my mind has just been preoccupied with it. I am like this when I am in the midst of my creative process. Driven to pursue and finish the job according to what I feel is “perfect” (based on my own standard), I was up until 3 AM for the past few days. So, hubby has been ordering meals  online at grubhub and presto, the food is delivered!

At The Restaurant

There were just six diners today. It could be crowded here at times  but not today. 
We ordered our usual ensemble of  homemade  spiced feta cheese, roasted tomatoes with sumac, kebabs,  etc. 

I was so starved that when the hors d’oeuvres was served, I just began to eat so fast like I have not eaten for days. Boy, I was famished! Seriously, I broke the ten commandments of low carb diet and had the four pieces of pita bread finished in such a short time. Ah, what  the hell, once in while, I needed some variety and having some bread won't heart a bit. Just on my hips. For more info on this restaurant, just click on the link. 

 Maykadeh Restaurant 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: