Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Kouign Amann


A good friend of mine named Olivier introduced this pastry to me and my partner. This is bathing in butter and sugar! Crispy and caramelized. Very, very good. The recipe I used to make this Breton specialty in France was taken from the vendor where I bought some of my baking gadgets in Netherlands. The website is:


The Weekendbakery's KOUIGN-AMANN version*

The main ingredients are flour, water, yeast, sugar and lost of butter! After baking, you need to turn each of the Kouign-Amann upside down to keep it from collapsing. It is swimming in butter and sugar and very, very good!


This is a 3-day process. You've got to be patient if you want to get it right. It is like making a croissant. But you add sugar in it. It caramelizes. Ideally, you bake this when it is cool and not hot and humid. The butter will melt and will be hard to make the pastry. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: