Friday, January 26, 2018

2018 Post Birthday Musings

But better late than never!

I celebrated my birthday on January 13th this year without much of a big bang which is typical of me, us, my husband if that be needed to be told. But we had some fabulous time together with just us, having our "alone time" at the hotel and enjoying its spa features.

We drove to our secret place on a Friday noon, right after work and headed to beat the traffic out of San Francisco. We reached our place of rendezvous at about 3 PM, dropped off our luggage in our room and headed forth at the pool and then finally, at the hot tub.

After an hour or so, we went back to our room and felt kind of tired and starved. But because it was way too cold to go outside, we decided to just stay indoor like the old farts we are. Luckily, I brought some snacks that we snacked on until we were satisfied, read our iPad then we were both in our zombie state, asleep.
 
The next morning, which was my birthday, I was headed to sinning. Meaning? To eating the wrong food for the right reason of "celebrating." So I did have ice cream and tons of carbs. 😍And husband had his fair share. Of course. And why not? It was my birthday!
 
We drove to the factory outlet in Vacaville. Around 11 A.M. Yes, that was the overture and the early part of the celebration, doubled up by eating out.

 As we got off our van, we saw this food truck selling Pinoy food. So we paced towards this truck and ordered the typical food I'd eat back home when I was a child. Then presto, we were eating. Dear husband had his share of BBQ chicken and garlic rice. I had pork, rice and salad. I wasn't pleased with the food. It was like eating dessert! But, it was good enough to satisfy my hungry stomach. Later, we went around looking for things to buy for lack of objective at that time. We were just being lazy and killing the time, walking around the factory outlet which turned out to be a good cardio-vascular work out for the two of us.

We stopped by Calvin Klein shop and I was eluded to buy a pair of jeans which seemed to fit perfectly okay at that time. But then the next day I wore it, I wasn't pleased. I was always a Levi's gal (been wearing it since I was in college) but for the last four years, I have had the luck of getting the right jeans for me; fitting well on my shape on a pair of Old Navy jeans. Fairly reasonable in cost yet fits well. Hugs nicely and supports my aging bum (laughs). After this tour of the mall, we drove to the 99 cents store. I love going here; in this part of Vacaville to buy my baking stuffs, packaging items for my home baked breads and cakes that I give on occasions to friends and family. And of course, the materials I stock for my own use at home. After about an hour, I was down on my knees and ready to rest, eat and drink.
I was out of the store and headed for the parking lot. There, he was. My prince charming, reading his books, writing something, and looked up at me. “Are you done?” I answered, “Yes.” He teased, “Finally!”

"Are we going back to the hotel?" I asked and he gladly said, "I don't think so." 

At Outback Steak House in Vacaville on 01/3/2018
He continued, "We are going straight from here to Outback Steakhouse where we had dinner on your birthday last year."

“Oh! Okay.” I responded.
 
So, there we went.
 
The line was a bit long but the lobby had enough sitting to make us feel relaxed. Thirty minutes came by and then, we were seated. We ordered our usual rib eye steak with bourbon sauce plus the ensemble of baked potato and salad. Had some diet coke and water. Finally, we were done. Except that I ordered for the 6-layer of chocolate cake which I ended up eating for the next 4 meals. It was huge!
 
We came “home” (drove back to the hotel, actually) happy and full. We read our books on iPad and read some crazy nutty news on Hollywood bitches, the #metoo crap which is the trend these days, and then we were snoring like roosters. Next day was a Sunday and we extended our time for fun and play, shopping and eating, sleeping, dreaming and planning our future. Husband is doing an early retirement when he turns 65 in April this year. So that was the talk for most of the time. Our travel plans, our future- which is now.

 The final day came by and it was time to say good bye again to Marriott Residence Inn at Vacaville. We were out by 10 AM. Went straight first to the dining area and filled us up with carbs, Nutella, coffee, tea and more waffles which husband loves. Am not a flat cake eater so it didn't really please me. I love 8" layer chiffon cake, those types. Real cakes. Truly, pancakes do not appeal to me.

We were home in North Beach shortly before 1 PM. We felt quite alright as we still had an extension of our holiday. We beat the traffic at the Bay bridge. It was Monday, January 15th and Martin Luther King, Jr Day.

On January 13, 2018 I turned another year older with some more white hair strands popping out in my scalp. I am old but not yet wrinkled, but the puffy eyes will tell you I am not a spring chicken anymore.

 Thank you Little Boy Blue. You always melt my heart away with the way you express your love and with the way you say, "I love you.." (and what did I say, back the first time you told me that? "Thank you!"This is just me. Not like the others.πŸ™‚



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: