Tuesday, January 09, 2018

A Cruise Like No Other


Last Thanksgiving 2017, husband and I went on an ocean cruise to Cuba. We were on the Viking Sun cruise as operated by the Viking River Cruise Company. 

Check it out at
Viking Cruises
The bar opens at mid morning. It serves the traditional Norwegian pastries and deli.



The ship was spectacular. The service, superb. The food, super. Almost gourmet. It was a unique experience to cruise with this #1 & award-winning cruise line.  For a welcome drink,  we were served champagne. And for whatever husband and I had paid for (which is astronomical, in fact), it was all worth it. The ship was beautiful, elegant, tastefully designed and its staff  was fantastic who really took care of us. I am delighted to say that there were no screaming kids or drunken monsters around me! Children and teens are not allowed. We were less than 935 cruisers. It was pure magic! Quite relaxing and entertaining in its own grandeur. I had peace.I was pampered. I adore it! Husband loved it, too!
Norwegian Cinnamon Roll

Nordic Success Tart, Suksessterte 
Interesting to note as well was the fact that there was a laundromat on every floor level of the ship! I found myself going there almost every other day to do the laundry. The part of the holiday that I dreaded the most is doing the laundry after a relaxing holiday. So, this is a breather in that context that I had done it before even coming home! Actually, it was fun to do it aboard a ship. Other guests discovered it, too.

On the last day of our cruise, we were like 5 people at the laundromat on my floor level and at around 8 AM, we were all cramming to get our clothes washed before going home! We were even all wearing our virgin white robes and slippers we got from the spa. The nice part of the laundromat feature was we got to wash our clothes for free- soap and dishwashing solution came as part of the package. Next thing to write about: "SNOW GROTTO." This is something else. Until next time. I am all set to sleep zzzZZZZZZzz 😋!


Waffle

Steak Tartare
Carpaccio



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: