Saturday, January 10, 2009

HER KEYS INSIDE HER LOCKER

I remember being quite surprised one morning at the gym when I saw the look of worry in the eyes of a young Caucasian woman in her 20s. Obviously, she had just finished her workout routine. Quite unexpectedly, I heard her monologue while she was speaking to herself, in a whisper. I heard her saying that she accidentally left all her keys inside her locker and that she couldn't get her stuff inside! Ayayay! That is a nightmare! Is that a big deal? Of course it is. The poor girl was shivering, motionless and desperate. She had this hint of panic in her face. Concerned, I asked if she wanted me to go to the front desk to seek some help.

"Oh no, thank you. Somebody has gone up already. Likewise, thanks a lot."

Right after responding to my query, she became scarlet then smiled faintly and nervously.

Later, I left her and I did my business. After a short while, a heavy weight black woman in her mid 20s came in wearing her tight fitting black terry jacket and leggings. In her right hand was a humongous pliers.

"Where is it?"

"There..." She pointed out right across me (referring to her padlock that was attached to the locker).

Seconds later, I heard the black woman reciting this in clear and sharp tone,

"1, 2, 3! There! It's done!"

My heart murmur said,

"WOW." That was easy (*sigh*).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: