Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Bitch At The Gym

I had always wanted to write my anecdote at the 24-hour Fitness where I work out but it seems time was never letting me do it. However, I am allotting this moment to write it for sharing purposes.

At the Bay Street branch of my gym, the crowd is thin between 5 Am to 5:30 AM. It gets thicker by 6 AM when everyone wants to have a turf to work out just before they hit the road to work or to go to school.

This happened to me a few months back. While I was about to finish my last leg of my weights at the machine, this young Chinese girl with raven eyes and thick eyelashes came right in front of me. To my surprise, she ordered me to exchange the machine I was using to what she had just used. To my annoyance, I took her for granted and acted as if I did not hear her command at all. Next, she came around and said it again.

Hey, you…can I get on that machine so I could finish up my routine?”

I looked at her as if I was looking at a moron who had no sense of what she was saying. I snorted out and lamented this,

“I just started my routine and I need to finish it. If you want, you wait. Ok?”

Saying these all in a grain of salt, I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and wished she rotted in hell!

Next thing I knew it, she was speaking in crescendo and she repeated her demands about me getting booted out of my preacher curl machine. Can you imagine that?

Well, this time I was not that cool anymore and so I told her these with my eyes opened, chest expanding and adrenalin working like I were ready to metamorphose into a full blown assassin…

“I AM FINISHING UP MY WORKOUT AND THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM IF YOU CAN’T WAIT FOR YOUR TURN! YOU JUST DON’T COME IN HERE AND GRAB WHATEVER MACHINE YOU WANTED TO USE!

I was ready to get physical with the MAO DNA. God, I could kill her right at that moment! But seconds later, she was out of my sight! She walked past me, met her Chinese friends and spoke in her cheap Chinese singsong about what she just went through with me. Good for her!

Two days later, she acted arrogant in front of me while I was using the eliptical machine. I pretended that I did not see her ugly face at all as I did not want to start my day with a sourgrape. When her startegy didn't work, she retreated to the machines where all the men work out. By this time, she may have realized that her backward Chinese ways won't work for me or for anyone who has integrity and principles. And for one, bitches are not tolerated in my domain whether it is at home, at work, at the gym or at the marketplace.

Bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: