Monday, April 28, 2008

My First BRAN BREAD



I baked this at noontime today and used the recipe taken from "THE SECRETS OF JESUIT BREADMAKING." This bread used wheat bran. It's quite tasty and tender. The bran added some spunk and texture unto it. I purchased the wheat bran at the health store in my neighborhood. Where I live is convenient, it has everything.

The recipe also asked for honey and this adds up to the unique flavor of the bread. Some ingredients included "unbleached all-purpose flour" (I used bread flour). I substituted sour cream and diluted it in water instead of using buttermilk. So far so good. I realized how practical it is to have a huge container of sour cream all the time as it is quite practical for baking breads and cakes. Instead of using milk, I use sour cream. It adds up to a nice texture of the bread or cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: