Sunday, February 10, 2008

Winning In Ebay As A Bidder

I won the bid for a 25-piece fat quarter fabric (same set I bought two weeks ago, URBAN INDIGO) but it was from a different vendor, the cost is 2 dollars less than what I paid for earlier. This time it is $50.65 total. The history goes:

Winning bid: US $46.00
Ended: Feb-10-08 13:59:15 PST
Shipping costs: US $4.65
US Postal Service Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope®
Service to United States
Item location: Providence, RI, United States
History: 14 bids
Winning bidder: *yours truly*( 177)

Apart from this set, I also won a quilting stash builder for 3 fat quarters for $2.99 plus $2.00 shipping.

Despite of these bids, I still have to bid for another set of fat quarters (I need at least 32 pieces) to complete the numbers of block needed to make the 93" X 102" queen size quilt I am hoping to finish. Since my quilt design eats a lot of fabric, I have exhausted 45 fat quarters already and it is only half the size of the bed. A fat quarter is 18" X 22" in size. Over all, the quilt I am making is costing me a fortune! And this is excluding the cost for the backing fabric of at least 8 1/2 yards, likewise with the batting and binding of 2 7/8 yards! But as husband had said earlier, in the American tradition~ the quilt is a family heirloom that is passed on from one generation to another. And to think that I am creating an heirloom is a novelty in itself and a fortune in the pocket and a pain in the b_ _t. Gosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: