Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Second Queen Size- Beginner's Quilt Is Here!

But this is just the quilt topping~ meaning, there is no batting and backing yet. Why? Because this is not yet finished! Geez, I ran out of fat quarter fabrics (18" X 22" pre-cut from online suppliers at eBay). So am still shopping and bidding online. So far, this one turned out to be well done. Indeed, I realized how great it is to sew with a pre-cut fat quarter
(1/4 yard on a 44" width) than to manually cut each shape from a yardage of 8 or 9. This time I purchased the real quilt 100% cotton fabric and not the 100% dress fabric (cotton). That was my mistake as a newbie in this field. When cutting the fabric with a roller cutter, quilt fabric does not move whereas the dress fabric wiggles and it was a mess doing it. Still, I finished it and it turned out well.

Related LINK: ARCHIVE, September 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: