Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Power Of The Blog And The Power of The Internet

Last November 2007, I was home in MNL for the funeral of my mom. During the wake, held in my ancestral home in Cavite, Bonny my classmate from college came by with her sister Citas. In the process of our conversation, we talked about our college days. Likewise, she mentioned AURORA VILLAMAYOR’s name. Then, Bonny’s blood pressure went up the ceiling of my father’s house. I thought she was going to have a heart attack (sigh)!!!

“She’s the town mayor of ANGONO, RIZAL! Oh, you should see her! She’s s great and doing well! Oh, she is amazing!”

Wow. I was speechless. I always had the admiration for the lady since I was a college freshman. She was a senior at that time and a role model for newbies like moi. She has this soulful soprano voice and was an emerging bud in choral conducting. Then, we all evolved and moved on elsewhere~ graduated, worked/ work, married/remained single~ as we beat the daily grind of survival.
~~~

POST SCRIPT:

Coming back home in North Beach last November from MNL made me think immensely of how time flies when you’re not a spring chicken anymore. So, couple of nights ago, I thought of googling AU’s name. To my delight, google brought me to her website in a fraction of a minute; then I was reading about AU and her hometown as well of ANGONO, RIZAL. Through her website, I learned many things about her. Relatively, I emailed her and watched what happened.

This morning, upon coming back from church (with moi husband) at 8 A.M., I checked out my Microsoft Office Outlook and found an email from her. Neat!

So what do you say? Indeed, the internet works plus Google is splendid! Connection with long lost-souls is not remote anymore as in the days of our fathers. It would take several weeks before we receive snail mails. Not anymore!

AU~ if you are reading this blog, my sincerest congratulations to you for all your accomplishments and more power to your political career! You have a lot to offer in terms of intelligence, creativity, talents, expertise and life experiences. The artist in you and the music in your heart~ will make Angono shine! Iba ang may puso!
Au's website: AURORA VILLAMAYOR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: