Monday, November 26, 2007

Rescued From India

After dealing with a long wait for online chat with Dell Technical Support, finally I got my lifesaver. I got a call at 3:04 AM, yes, from a tech assistant who sounded nice and very helpful. I have beeen up, online and on the phone since 10:20 PM tonight. Can you believe that? This time, it was for the best apart from the third technical agent who connected me to this fourth and final genius- HARRY is the name! I had to do a system restore, and a lot of stuff since then was gone. But at least I have my computer back and my broad band is working! First, to ensure a successful work, he asked me to place the wired connection from my husband's PC to my own PC so he could remotely check and work on the missing broadband wireless network connection in my laptop. And soon enough, I started to see what he was doing by remote which was neat. It's like magic, I tell you. But the problem popped just momentarily: he needed me to give him our network password so he could fix the missing network file in my PC. That was the bummer. I didn't know it so I had no choice but to wake up moi husband in the midst of his slumber. It had to be done as I can't wait for another 5 or 6 hours for tech support. This is it- final and last!

HARRY and I had a conference call with me here in San Francisco and with the Comcast tech support as well somewhere here in the USA while Harry was there in INDIA. Imagine that...just how advance technology is today! If my father were alive, he'd be amazed himself as he loved tech stuff! Finally, Comcast said, "Sorry, we are closed." Just then was when I ran to the bedside of moi sleeping husband to ask for help. "HELP!!! Wake up please!!!!"

He got out of bed and spoke to Harry. Poor husband! He was dazed and drowsy but he did it! Then in a minute, Harry himself found the password from his magic wand. Soon, husband got back to sleep. From that point on, my broadband connection was working but my PC had to be rebooted many times by Harry by remote control in India to the USA! Harry also fixed the audio of my PC (the Sigma C Major) that works on and off at times. It has its moments. Now, the sound is even much better, louder, and clearer! Moreover, he was able to get rid of the start up pop out of the HP printer which is bothersome to me. And now, it does not show up anymore which is good. Lastly, he was able to remove the two notorious softwares in my PC that I could not remove for two years, the CREATE A CARD and PARTY AND CRAFTS CREATOR. With his expertise and skills technically, he was able to boot them out completely. WOW.

Before he bid goodbye, he left me his direct contact number's extension on 1 800 and my case number was given to me for future reference when I might be needing technical support. Should I encounter any problem again, he said that I just need to call him direct or leave a voice mail. Sweet! This way and I need not even bother to go online to chat for the preliminary tech support.

What time is it now? 5:15 AM! Time to sleep!

NOTE: The sad part of doing a SYSTEM RESTORE which I did tonight to rescue my PC is this: I lost all the files and photos I uploaded from my trip to the Philippines last October 31st. And, unlucky me, I already deleted these photos from my digital camera as soon as they were uploaded in my PC. Next time, I should let them stay longer in my camera for security reasons. The only ones left in my camera are the video files of my adorable nieces, and nephews- especially those of Little Katie whom I have not seen for 4 years and 3 months.

Well some memories are meant to be remembered and not to be seen in 2-D. This is one of those things I guess. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: