Monday, August 27, 2007

City Gardening Amid A Small Space In My Veranda

I have two pots of red roses. One is in danger, seems that it got a bug and a fungus derived from the cool SFO air. I sprayed the insect spray on it last night, the one that I purchased at Walgreens in North Point (Safeway). These roses here are big. Can you believe this- that this, in fact, was the sickly rose plant last spring. But after prunning it, the branches multiplied, and the flowers emerged beautifully this summer. The "endangered one" has currently been pruned so all it has are stems and branches and some buds of leaves. Meanwhile, enjoy the view from my vista. Ciao!

Photo taken last week

Photo taken this week, this is as big as my palm- isn't she pretty?

View from our alley down below

A rose by any other name is still a rose...

This is not red but fuschia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: