Thursday, July 19, 2007

Delicious Strawberries!

*CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE*

I love Chinatown! Yeah. Why? Because nothing or nowhere else in San Francisco or elsewhere in northern CA could beat it for the prices of items and commodities for sale there. This is this largest Chinatown in the world (outside of Asia) if I may say it again.

After struggling with my jetlagged self, I finally got out of bed this noontime and went to hear mass today at Sts. Peter and Paul in my neighborhood. Then, I went to Chinatown. There, I was amused to see a variety of fruits for sale. But most of all I found myself buying strawberries, all ten pounds of them! The cost? $1.00 per box which is a pound each!

At home, I chose the big ones and kept them in separate containers and refrigerated them for serving later; the lightly smaller ones, I cut off the leaves and froze them.



As a family, we don't buy juice at the supermart. We make our own fresh juice- name it we do it! Actually, the husband of moi is the designated "food and beverage manager" in our household so he creates the juices for our morning and evening drinks which is quite refreshing!

He uses the Vitamix (heavy duty blender with 2 horsepower- it could liquify even the seeds of apples and lemon) we availed it at Costco months back. But for what we paid for it, it's worth every penny and it's quite useful in all our everyday needs in the kitchen. And since buying it, we have stopped purchasing peanut butter in Costco. Little Boy Blue makes our "homemade peanut butter" created according to his taste and preference. Why his'? Well, am not a peanut butter junkie like him! I only eat it when baked into peanut butter cookies. Haha! Otherwise, he eats it all by himself, mostly with jam with freshly baked baguette (by yours truly). This is all for now. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: