Saturday, June 16, 2007

North Beach Festival 2007


I missed my flight today at 1 AM, Saturday- can you believe that? I should have psyched myself to be at the airport last night (Friday) at 9:30 PM. Now, am trying to get a flight tomorrow midnight (for June 18 flight) Monday, so I need to be at SFO International Airport at around 10 PM tomorrow if Fairy Good Mother helps me get a seat. HELP!I should learn my lesson well. Geez whiz! With a 100 dollars penalty, I sure hope my airline could give me a booking. Otherwise I'd leave on the 22nd- yikes! I have a reunion on that day in Bangkok! Anyhow, my airline urged me to call them at 7 AM and from there, I'd find out if I could have a seat! Am crossing my fingers! Relative to this, I only realized I was supposed to be at the airport last night when I was on chat with my little niece (Sugar Pie). She had a good laugh when I told her that, "I think I missed my flight!"
In retrospect, she made several illustrations of me on my realization and disappointment (I was bringing fresh cherries and blueberries), and found humor in my forgetfulnessto fly on the right date and time...mamamia! While on chat and on doodle at yahoo IM, she did several illustrations of me. She was very spontaneous and candid; has a grasp of visualization and perspective. She is great for a 12-year old kid! Take note: I will load our chat with doodle later. You'd be amazed!



Meanwhile, here are some photos today, being the North Beach Festival. We relocated here last year on North Beach Day on June 18th- Sunday. Today is the first day of this two-day affair. There were jazz bands at Grant Street earlier, drinks for sale, street artists on Vallejo, stalls of arts and crafts on Grant and a lot more at Washington Square. We have yet to check that out. Meanwhile, here are some scenes I captured. Enjoy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: