Wednesday, May 30, 2007

CARMEN, As An Educator, Is Making Waves With Her Creativity

NOTE: This was taken from Carmen's website at RIS:


Walking through the first floor hallway of the Elementary Section in RIS, the mosaic of a saint has probably become much of a familiar sight these days. St. Gerard Majella, is chosen as the patron Saint of our school section. As I gaze at Saint Gerard’s holy picture, I admire the intricate work of this artist, how he was able to put the pieces together in order to form the holy face of a saint who I so often venerated.My deep thought is suddenly shifted by the sounds of innocent laughter that are near my arms’ reach, children running passed me with such bright and cheerful smiles.It did not take long before my thoughts return to the mosaic, but this time, I looked at it with a different dimension. I am not an artist by my own right, but a Teacher who can produce a mosaic, together with my students in class.

With the grace of God, a Teacher can help shape or reshape his student’s well-being. Both the teacher and the student can bring out the hidden beauty of one’s individuality. We do this designing every day. We try to examine whether our work passes the specified standards. We are shaping a human being according to the image and likeness of God. Each year, we pass our unfinished product to another teacher.Children tend to see us as their role model. As a teacher of my students I should not fail their expectations. At the end of the day, I ask myself, "Was I a good role model to my students?"


-Mrs. Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: