Tuesday, February 27, 2007

HAIL TO THE WORLD!

It rained last night. I could not believe it! There was also lightning and thunder! And then the rain started to get strong I said to moi husband,

“Wow! It is like being home in the tropics! I miss the monsoon rain!”

Well then, we continued watching cable TV when all of a sudden, the sound got so loud, husband almost jumped out of bed to check out what was happening outside. At the veranda with the sliding door slightly opened, he called me and said,

“It’s hail! It is hail! Come over here! It is not your ordinary rain. Look at the little icicles!”

Hm, I thought the little boy in him came out again. He was ecstatic! His laughter was in staccato.

I ran (not wanting to lose the momentum of his delight) and saw it…the icy little thing, popping out like pop corn from the skies; dancing to our pavement in the veranda then getting dribbled back elsewhere. This rhythmic pattern made the sound so loud. We watched it for several minutes. For a second, I ran to the cupboard in our kitchen, got a Styrofoam cup, and told Little Boy Blue that I wanted it to be filled with hail. I meant the virgin ones coming from the skies, not the ones already conglomerating in our veranda. Ha! Anyhow, after enjoying this magical moment, we got back to our bedroom and watched Dr. Phil’s “Man Hunt” edition. In bed, I thought of my mini garden here in the city. I felt sad for my plants after the hailstorm. They looked scared and traumatized. Kawawa (pitiful).

My mums are flowering right now but due to this sudden hail, one got bended and tilted, I need to cut it today. The umbrella plants are okay but somehow their pots and soil were covered with ice. I was thinking, gosh, tomorrow, they would wither and their leaves would get slimy, black, and yucky. Eeks!

This morning, the sun is up and the skies are blue. We will have a good day. Presently, I have not completely decided yet on when would I start planting my begonias, morning glory, and other spring flowers for the springtime. I guess I need to wait a little more time and make it easy on myself. I would do it once the first day of March comes through. After all, it is not much of a time to wait as it is just a few more days from now. I have to be patient. I just love springtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: