Friday, February 16, 2007

DID THIS EVER HAPPEN TO YOU?


You're on chat with a friend, you were so engrossed and was drinking your freshly made berry shake when all of a sudden- you just kicked off the red wine glass filled with it. It stained your carpet big time and you were annoyed by it. Well, then that was what happened to me just a while back!

Yes. I was silly enough to have placed the fruit drink made by LBB on the coffee table in our sitting room. I tried to relax, sipped a bit of it then thought I could be online and chat. Why not? After all, my PC is on 24 hours a day so it should not be a problem.

What I did next was typical. I got my PC from the coffee table, put on a throw pillow on my lap, and let my PC rest on it. I do this now- this ritua, as I developed a scar-like-pinky color marks on my thighs due to the heat perforating from my PC. My antidote to this is to use the pillow perpetually before I get so drawn to writing or surfing the net. Later, I went to chat with Joy who lives in San Jose. Moments later,I got so engrossed that I forgot all about the fruit drink I have. I rested my feet on the table, near where the fruit drink was- on the left side of the coffee table, near the area where the stand lamp and the piano are located which is right across the sliding door that opens to the veranda. Anyhow, the moment I stretched my legs, surprisingly, the wine glass dropped dead; collapsed its content on the table and dripped through the carpet below. The mint green carpet with incidental floral boarder design metamorphosed into a pale pink tint all at once. Ooh-la-lah! I was an idiot not to think this could happen! Gosh! Initially, I was ok, thinking that the drink is thick enough to hold it in the glass. However, a moment later, I became ambiguous. What I dreaded most had happened next. The map of stain left a huge mess in my sitting room. All at once, I ran to the bathroom, got the Oxy powder; mixed it with water in the small water container that is actually a water dipper. In it, I stirred the chemical as fast as I could. This I did with dexterity and velocity. Et voila the concoction was ready to for my carpet! I was on my knees working on this task (*sulk*) wishing, and chanting (*pout*) that the stain would be gone (*sigh*). Well then, only time can tell. Right now, all I can is think of this day as a great day. And after all it is TGIF!

Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: