Thursday, October 05, 2006

Those Days When There Is No Sunshine I Feel Happy and I Feel Introspective



NOTE: Click photos to enlarge. Photos of husband and his siblings, at Grace Cathedral in SFO, CA. This is famous for its labyrinth indoor. Photo taken last late September 2006. Veranda photos taken days before my in-laws flew in from from Portland, Oregon. They came by from San Jose, CA and stayed with us for a few days. Just FYI.


It’s a drizzly quiet morning today. It’s 5 minutes to 12-high noon and the tiny drizzle of rain dances in the air, making my mums to be all abloom, bright and in deep lemon yellow. I love them dearly! My umbrella plants rest peacefully in my veranda and from there I could see some silent strangers who occasionally walk by in our alley, to work or to be there at their nook, in their own little corner of the earth wherever it may be. So far, I love where I am in our tiny little haven in San Francisco. I can play the piano at sundown and listen to every note I play as I look at the skies and imagine how life would have been different had I decided to work overseas and remained single as before. But life has its surprises. I met my husband and fell in love. He wanted to marry me fast and fronto and all I could do was say, “I do.” And then we are here in San Francisco after living for a whole two years in Ripon. I saw the change of seasons there and loved the springtime where I learned to do vegetable gardening, food prep and many more.

Today, I spoke with my old chum since my Ruamrudee days, Teri. She is in Orlando, Florida and was at work. She called after I left a voice mail. I needed to share something with her which is very important to me and after a while, I felt my rhythm has stabilized, my chest- seemingly, is at peace, on hold - in repose but somehow, it made me laugh again, as before, as I was, as I am always like- light and easy.

It’s been a while since I blogged since friends and family have pre-occupied my time plus my husband’s travel and with me tagging along at certain times made all the writing for me to be impossible. But now, just before I head to the shower I had this impending need to write. Feel. See. Look. I am alive and thinking. Wondering. Why?

I got a call today. One very important call!!! Geez, what a day to think about phone calls that could either break your day or castrate your dreams, but boy- am okay and coping silently on my own.

I did a spring-cleaning of my haven- the flat I share with my loving husband. I have a mountain of Chinaware to clean and that beats the crap out of me, doing the dishes manually without an aid of a dishwasher, as a trade off living in SFO. But, hey~ am not complaining as life is good here, too perfect in fact, that sometimes I know it needs some diffusion for me to see the wholeness of my life here, like seeing an impressionistic painting- one has to move away from the painting, to see the unity of the dots.

I will take a shower then go to Chinatown to shop for food for tomorrow, bake French bread and some berry tarts for my better half…he always wants something sweet!

Tomorrow we drive to Ripon to check out the additional bedroom that has been under construction early this week. We are due to see and interview candidates to rent our place, in this lovely townhouse in Tiffany Circle on the other side of town. We hope to drive back in the evening of Saturday, in time to celebrate Columbus Day along Filbert where an Italian Parade is sure to be a go-getter. Our parish, Saints Peter and Paul will sponsor a bazaar on Saturday and Sunday this week in celebration of Columbus Day. It starts at 10 AM and ends at 7 PM. Our German-American friends might pop up with their daughter on Sunday afternoon, if we are able to finish our spring-cleaning in Ripon. Otherwise, we would have to cancel our date with them. Also, I needed to call a friend in Oakland (Joanie) to check out how she has been. She emailed and expressed a desire to visit us in the city. But likewise, she was given our time schedule for the week.

My good friend Arn will be in town again from Guam to finish her M.A. in art therapy. I hope we could connect despite our opposing schedule. Husband and I are flying to Las Vegas on October 22 and Arn is arriving on October 19 and leaving on the 23rd.

Ah, life’s surprises do stretch my muscles from east to west. I hope I could see all my friends now. Just those days when overcast skies can take a toll in one’s soul…I guess I have to close for now.


~~~


BTW, I'll take photos of my mums tomorrow for sure. They are so lovely! My digital camera has been broken for a year now so I need to borrow husband's camera. That will have to wait upon his homecoming tonight after a hectic business trip. Ok. This is all.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: