Tuesday, May 30, 2006

May 29: Daisy's Birthday


Dais, ***DAISY***

Her name is like the flower- DAISY: colorful, sweet, dashing and welcoming. I have known her since 1999 when I was posted in Dhaka. She was then the country manager of Triumph International and I was with the ECIS (European Council of International Schools) and had set up the art department there in its new international school. One evening, I came to her place in the company of Blessie. We had dinner together with her two sons and had wondrous stories to tell that spoke of eternity and survival. From that time on, we were~ and have been like blood sisters forever~ sharing secrets, dreams, hopes, sorrows and make-believe. I have been with Dais through the best and worst moments of my time yet she has remained to be the way she is~ constant- like the goddess of light and the goddess of miracles...her words were soothing, always comforting as her heart is big and warm as the summer sun. This great lady has a keen sense of humor, has the knack for ballroom dancing and is a travel afficionado. We have the best of both worlds in her persona. To you Dais, we your friends and family wish you the best!

Happy Birthday, Dais!

Sorry, I was not able to fly from northern California to Bangkok yesterday to celebrate with you. We went crab fishing in Santa Cruz, California after we checked in here in Mariott (San Jose)! Moi esposo is on a business trip. The traffic was bad. I didn't make it (laughs) to jet set and be with you- but you're in my thoughts! Will catch up with you and the gang this Yuletide 2006.

Cheers and Happy Birthday, Inday! You deserve the best!


1 comment:

  1. Hello there, mi amiga!!
    will work on our pictures in a while. just came back from a lunch date with my first cousin Ate Lita from Union City. she came to pick me up and we had a fabulous lunch at Cheesecake Factory!
    and of course - we crossed the street and strolled again at Santana Row. it was her first time! felt like a tourist guide (Uhmm...)
    catch you later!! am still savoring the swell time we had yesterday....have a safe drive to the city :)
    agnes

    ReplyDelete

Comment: