Thursday, March 23, 2006

Weight Loss Diary: Day 2

I pointed out that I lost 3 lbs last week despite the fact that we ate pork at Chinese restaurants in Chinatown. I was 156 lbs two weeks ago. And then it went down to 153 lbs. Hurrah!

Yesterday, I did my first cardio vascular exercise outside our home and went to walk for 45 minutes in our neightborhood (from 11.30 AM to 12. 15 high noon). Prior to this, I had my protein drink (available at Costco). I added banana, ice and little bit of water then put them in the blender. I am not fond of banana, but I add them for flavor in drinks so this works for me.

After my round of walking in the neighborhood, I rested for half an hour, drank water then worked out in our Bowflex machine at home for over an hour and a half. When I was weakening and feeling tired, I drank water to regain my energy and it helped me a great deal.. By evening time, I checked out my weight. I went down to 151 lbs!

This morning, right after waking up, I checked out weight on the scale in the bathroom. Guess what? My weight went down to 149 lbs! Yeah, I know, am still heavy but I am delighted with my progress!

TIPS:

1. I now only broil or bake (in high temperature- 550) chicken and fish only.

2. Instead of making soup (using instant powder broth or cubes,) I stopped doing it. I instead serve green salad in large quantity and use extra-virgin oil and balsamic vinegar as my regular dressing. We eat bread with this dresing as well.

3. Serve only fresh fruits (like ripe mangoes and oranges) for dessert.

Anyhow, this diet seems right for me and for my husband.

NOTE: I also stopped baking for the time being (would do only if we had guests coming for dinner) and Hopefully, I'd continue to lose weight until I get back to my old shape and size (6). I am now size 8.

Good day! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: