Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Monday Rhythm: Travel Diary

Back In The City
We are here in SFO since 2 PM today, Monday, March 27, 2006. As usual, husband has meetings from Monday to Saturday in the neighboring counties so we drove here (our usual hotel in Royal Pacific on Broadway). Earlier at home, I had a busy day, starting with the packing time at 6 AM (began it last night at past 9 PM) and finishing it up just before 10 AM today. And then, there was my dental appointment in Ripon. My right gum and cheek are tender right after the treatment. Yikes!

(in photo taken: chess tournament along Market Street, taken 2 weeks on a Friday)
Dr. Sarkis worked on my “endangered teeth” for 2 hours. We left his clinic at past 12 in the afternoon and had lunch while driving along the freeway on our way to SFO. Husband bought chicken sandwich with pesto, veggies, guacamole (avocado) with pepperoncini (big chili from Greece, pickled in vinegar and onions). We also had pasta salad. He got them at our favorite Cups CafĂ© in Ripon. We had cold tea for drinks. We ate VERY SLOWLY a’la French because we want to continue to lose weight, slowly but surely.

Today, we decided to bring our blender for making our “protein drinks” (drinks for dieters and body builders). We got as well our protein bars, a.k.a. "power bars" (similar to candy bars but are good for building lean muscles). We want to be in shape! This time I practically packed our house in the van for comfort and style (?). Husband wants semblance of home comfort so now wherever we are and where ever we stay over night or longer (in hotel mostly), we have our own bed cover feather cushion and pillows. From a far we are like relocating (haha) with all our stuff, but hey, there is nothing than bringing your own comfort zone, right?

Searching For The Place

I am looking for a place on Fillmore Street but it was way too far to walk, glide or skip. I tried walking from Main Street to side streets of Broadway, Chinatown and Geary (Japan town) until I reached a bottomless pit. I decided to return back to our hotel after moving in and out of large streets of San Francisco. I decided not to commute so I could walk as an exercise for my weight loss program.

Tomorrow, I’d try again. Am trying to move around the city independently without having to depend on handsome dude to drive me around SFO. His schedules are tight and his attention is needed in his job 100 % so I decided I’d be on my own. I know I’d find Stuart Hall tomorrow. I walked for a good 2 hours and 25 minutes! I felt great!

For dinner, we ate at “Calzoni” at North Beach. We had salad, pasta and Zinfindel wine.

Sisterette The Second Called

Surprise! My cell phone was ringing at almost 12 MN tonight! I was rushing to find it and remembered it was inside my rain jacket in the closet so I ran and found it. Spoke to sisterette for 40 or so minutes with updates given to me about her family and our clan. Felt great to be remembered. Thanks, Balloon!
Sisterette The Third Wrote

She wrote several short notes today and updated me about her progeny. She is delighted about her academic excellence and the summer they’d be spending in the northern part of the Philippines with husband. Thanks for passing by, Emilie!

Time To Sleep
It is 1.14 AM now, Tuesday, 28 March. I need to sleep. Ciao! BTW, Carmen's birthday was March 27. (Carmen, hope you had a great birthday bash in Thailand!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: