Thursday, March 30, 2006

Apartment Hunting In San Francisco


Click photos to enlarge*
Left & right photos: Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco, taken in fall 2004

I have been surfing at craigslist for available apartments in the areas we feel we have affinity with and these are: North Beach, Chinatown, Nob Hill and Lower Nob Hill. Last year, we thought we'd love to live in downtown SFO but after exploring all other places here in the city, we found we have more good vibes with the Italian section (North Beach) than most of the places we have visited so far. We hope we'd get a good place that suits our needs and life style just before May comes. We hope to fully move by July 1st. We will try to move our stuff in a staggered way so we could work on this relocation at our own pace.

As of this writing, we already closed an agreement with our future tenants for July 1st who’d rent our house and garage in Ripon. Surely, I'd miss my huge yard but living in the city always generates a k
ind of high energy level for me. And I love it! Likewise, husband has been in tune with this "move to SFO" rhythm since we talked of the possibilities last year.I am writing this blog while sitting here at the hotel lobby. My laptop battery is screwed up and had to plug my 3-pin socket at the main switch here. The WIFI in our room is so weak it takes centuries before the websites manifest in my screen so I decided to come down here instead! This is our last week in the city then we will drive back home tomorrow morning at check out time by 12 noon. It’s overcast today. Tonight, we’d go dancing and visit some jazz joints at North Beach.








.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: