Monday, February 20, 2006

MONDAY BLUES

Housewife's Tale: Beating The Deadline And Weekly Ritual

Monday is my busiest day of the week; this is the time I go over doing the general housekeeping that keeps me busy all day long until evening time (just because I wanted to finish all in one day)! I also change our beddings each Monday. With my tight schedule performing this domestic concerto, now I also have to consider a portion of my time to work out, mamamia, especially on Mondays my busiest day- since we now have a BOWFLEX machine at home. And so the pressure is here to do it since there is no need to drive to the gym. Right? But boy, I wish I could cope with the demands of health and beauty, ayayay!

view from my kitchen window this foggy spring morning

How's ironing work for you? Ah, well, for me ironing is the toughest thing to deal with since I never liked doing it since way back when, hehe. We always had planchadora ("iron woman" we call her, the one who ironed my family's clothes in PI). Am lucky truly, since husband was sensitive enough to notice my tough times ironing. So one day, he ordered one for me online (surprise!). It's hi-tech, cordless Maytag iron (see photos) with a case. Wow! Since then, my ironing time is not much of a hassle as before (when the cord would get stuck in one corner of the ironing board). Ultimately, I learned to sit down, watch tv while ironing. I adjust the ironing board to the level up above my thighs so I could relax my legs while ironing. As I go on with my domesticity, I learn different tricks to make my life easier! But prior to married life, I lived in serviced apartments while posted overseas so I didn't deal with all these domesticity...now it is all different! At times, I can’t believe I can talk all about this stuff for hours like day is to night, haha, whereas before my life just revolved around my career where I was good at (***blush***). Now it's just a bit of history, tee-ha. Well, am happy and not complaining- just sharing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: