Friday, April 26, 2019

Travelogue in 2019 and the Emergence of Spring, My Favourite Time of the Year!


We arrived from Manila to San Francisco on February 12th. Then, our eyes just kept rolling until they felt so heavy that we were gone in deep slumber. Nonstop. We were just sleeping infinitely for a time. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. It went on and on like forever was here. Oh! I don't know. We were just jet lagged and sleeping at odd hours of the day and barely making it at hours when decent humans were up. We were mostly cuddled up in bed. Like the two old farts we are. LOL! As for our meals, our yearning varies from time to time and our hours were erratic. Welcome to super jet lag time!

Around two, three weeks later, we were still down tired like zoombies. Flying from Asia to North America was tough on us. The body clock and sleep pattern took a toll on us. So, our bed was our safe refuge. Soft, comfy, hi-tech. Remote controlled and with a massager. It's a winner! Sleeping was our weapon to counter fatigue. When you travel on a different zone and come back on another one, that's when  your body clock gets screwed all up.

What was next?

Lounge chairs at Munich International Airport.
MARCH 10th, in the afternoon from North Beach, we headed off to San Francisco International airport via Uber. We used our AMEX PLATINUM perks. 200 bucks allowance annually for Uber ride. So why not?
Our long haul flew straight to Munich, Germany via Lufthansa Airline. Inside the aircraft, nostalgia hit me.

Nostalgia hits me, suddenly...

"Funny, the last time I flew with this airline was when I was at the peak of my travel and teaching years."

"Aboard this German airline on my way return to Bangkok after a Christmas holiday, I was asked by the stewardess to make a board announcement to inform everyone that upon reaching Bangkok and we were touched down, passengers were  requested to leave the aircraft. I said it all in English and Tagalog. Shortly, I was baffled and thrilled. Incidentally, there was a man from my school who was there as well and he heard me did the voice over. Later, as we were getting off the aircraft, he teased me."


Smoking area in Munich's airport
"Wow, wow, wow. You really are something!" He quipped. 

"The airline gifted me with two big bottle of red wine and white one. And I remember that time quite vividly because stewardess had to assist me in holding my luggage because my hands were full. Two gigantic wine bottles adorned my hands! She helped me up until I passed by the security check and ready to get my luggage at the carousel.
 Twenty three years later, it still holds fond memories for me."

MARCH 11th- husband and I arrived in Munich, it was evening. Our connecting flight was in Barcelona via Lufthansa as well.  Long story short, as we headed to get a Cabify (Barcelona's version of LYFT and UBER), I noticed that we were missing our luggage. For crying out loud, we just had our carry on bags with us so we had to come back at the third floor and get our luggage at the carousel which husband gladly did. Then, we were. at our hotel in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: