Saturday, February 03, 2018

This Is Us- Our Hands


What To Give?

Just before  Christmas came last year, I wanted something distinctive and memorable for us to have as a couple. One that is unique and  captivating but is there such a thing?

To search for this, my main source was Amazon. After reading the reviews that I found to be in sync with my own expectations, I ordered the material I needed right there and then. It is called “Precious Impressions.”  It is a ready-to-use set of materials created to make it easy for consumers to make sculptures even for those without an academic background on doing it.

Packaged in a small plastic tumbler and enclosed with a pack of powdered gel and plaster of Paris, it was the perfect gift for me and dear husband. When this package arrived at home on January 4th, we both didn’t know what to expect, except  for the fact that we were just enveloped with curiosity and excitement. 

We worked on this project just this Thursday evening, February 1st at around 5 PM. The next night by 6 PM, it was all set to be seen. "Did we do it right?" That was the question that was resonating inside me.

It took 24-hours for the plaster to harden.
 
We slept over it and dreamed a little about it.

The Day Has Come

When we cut and unraveled the solidified gel and pulled out the impression inside it, we were in awe to see on how beautiful it came to be. Wow.

 This sculpture is "us" and a loving tribute to who we are as man and wife.

Today, it is resting on top of my upright piano in my studio in San Francisco. Husband and I had created our master piece called “Our Hands”  (or “Ang Aming Kamay” in Tagalog and “Nos Mains” in French).








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: