Friday, February 02, 2018

Cravings, anyone?





I can’t believe that I was up at half past five this Friday morning and had cravings for a cake! The dark chocolate cake I baked yesterday was unbelievably good and quite delicious, in fact. By night time before I slept, I wanted more but didn’t do anything about it. Since it was very cold last night,  I felt glued to my bed. I gave up on the possibility of having another slice. I dozed off earlier than usual and soon, I was on a deep slumber.

At dawn, I was awake. There was this buzzing sound on my ears, vaguely saying…“Eat that cake! Eat that cake!”  “Get that cake! Eat that cake!”  It went on and on. Meanwhile, I found myself getting out of bed and pacing towards the kitchen. My mind was confused. Am I sleep-walking? I am fully awake.  I realized that it was my cravings that was pushing me to do things. Shortly, I was at the kitchen and got a small plate, fork and knife. I pulled up the cake dome then cut a piece of cake. I tasted a small piece on my mouth. Boy, it melted so fast! It was very soft. The combo of dark chocolate and cream really made it so good! I know my nieces and nephews would love this cake!

It was dark out there (kitchen) except for the oven hood light. I looked like a stranger in my own flat, stealing away the time with some piece of cake. But who cares? Just as I was gazing intently on this beautiful cake, I thought that I am really a fantastic baker! Yes, seriously!

I sliced a piece. Beautiful. The icing was glimmering in the dark. Cream cheese, double whipping cream. Hershey's melted chocolate bars. Chocolate drizzles. Powdered sugar. What else is not there to make this sinful cake really sinful beyond compare?

I began devouring on the cake like a maniac; sliced a big piece then cut it into smaller squares; after which I put a chunk in my mouth until the last morsel was gone. There. Finished!

Later, I turned around me and noticed the leftover couscous and beef. I reheated them and put some on my plate, too. Ate more, yes! Husband warned me last night not to rush while eating since no one was running after me. Ha! Ha! Ha! This is just me when I like the food what I'm eating! After I was done, I felt full and happy. "Damn it!" I said to myself, "I'm such a great cook and a wonderful baker! No wonder we are now both overweight! Me and my husband!"


Happy TGIF!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: