Monday, August 25, 2008

WHEN A GOOD FRIEND DIES

It is like the end of a drive that was designed to go on an on for a lifetime.

It is like fastforwarding your time together on a big screen then suddenly she had left you all by yourself in an island of sorrow.

It hurts immensely because you know there is no way she could come back to you to share your good times and bad times.

It is a mystic that she won't be there anymore to listen to your aches and pain, joys, sorrows and make-believe.

WHEN A GOOD FRIEND DIES, A PART OF YOU DIES, TOO.

When CARMEN passed away on August 17, 2008, I thought my world was spinning down to oblivion.

I thought it would never ever happen to me that one day I'd lose her to lung cancer but I did.

Three months ago we knew she was ill then she just expired as easily as the last drop of rain in the summer field.

CARMEN was the older sister I never had; the surrogate mother I had who was gentle and kind.

CARMEN was everything to me: a close friend, comadre, and colleague whom I met during the time I was going through changes.

"CARMEN, I know you are now at peace..."

I am happy that GOD gave you to me and even if it just for a short while- 15 years- we had so many memorable years together despite our proximity.

Our friendship crossed the bridges from east to west.

CARMEN... I prayed for you today and forever I would pray for your peace, love and happiness day by day in heaven where you are.

Your friend and comadre,

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: