Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Project For 2008: Queen Size Quilt

I will start cutting these 2 sets of fat quarter cotton fabrics tomorrow using a rotary cutter designed primarily for cutting quilt fabrics. Each set that came in the mail today is in groups of 20 and 25 pieces, cost paid at eBay is $90.95 plus $9.50 for the shipping. Total amount paid online was: $100.45. Quilting as a craft project is time consuming and is costly but it is worth the money spent for the materials paid once the project is done.

The best part is the piecing together and the quilting by hand. There is the personal touch in it and for me it is very calming and therapeautic. Other things to purchase once the piecing is done are the batting and backing fabric plus the quilt thread.

I worked for a month when I made my first quilt ("Yellow Brickroad") done last year in September 2007. My holiday in Oregon at a quaint little town called Lincoln City inspired me to learn this all-time-favorite American quilt. There is a very nice quilt shop there that just amazes me to come again and again! I have been coming there with my in-laws since summer 2004. It would be my 4th summer to visit there this August. More later. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: