Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Goodies: Cookies Gallore And Many More

Ever since I moved here in CA, I have been baking cookies as gifts to our friends and family who live in different states. We ship them two weeks before Christmas and they get to their destination in less than 4 days at least. Each year finds me scouting for new ideas to do in terms of packaging but it is all dependent on what is available in the marketplace to shop for.

This year, I bought all the tin cans at Walgreens and also the gift box that is shown here. It is kind of costly at $3.00 each! The tins are more reasonable and are designed with various Christmas motif. Last year, I bought the plain colored tins because I thought they were more elegant than the printed ones. However, this year, all came out with designs over it so I had no choice.

I pack each cookie with cellophane because it keeps the cookie fresh. Once all space is filled up in the tin, I tape it to ensure that no air gets in the way. This will keep the cookies for a long time. The cellophane I used was given to me as gifts by my sister Balloon three years ago. When she found out that the USA market does notcarry this particular brand she sent me these that are made and manufactured in the Philippines. They are of better quality and are more shiny and thinner in ply. This year, I am about to be done with them. I have the Japanese paper she gave me as well, meant to pack the "Polvoron" (powdered milk and flour candy) I intend to make this new year. This is somehow similar to the Brit's "short bread" only it is not baked, whereas the shortbread is. This is all. Arivedercci!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: