Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hardship Posting Overseas


Some of us made different choices in terms of our profession. Others opt to stay locally to be with one's family and friends who live nearby, in the same town, region, district, county or municipality. Likewise, there are those who are more adventurous and by the binding spell of their concept of the unknown, they pack their bags, tuck their passports into their hands and off they jet set elsewhere in the world- if only to see what's up and about outside of one's ethnic origin. I for one~ for many years of my life have done this and this pretty much wrapped up my professional life. My mobility in terms of work assignments only halted when love won its way into the altar of my path. I induced myself from my last posting and relocated here in the US to live with Little Boy Blue~my wonderful husband who pursued me nonstop until I said, "I do."

Living overseas is not for everyone. However, for the destined bunch, it could be rewarding yet emotionally devastating and draining if you do not have the gall for it. But if you are made up of tougher linings like me, you could beat the odds and enjoy the perks of a life as an expatriate abroad. Some of the tempting "attractions" are given to you like a nice compensation package and benefits that include a package of comfort. It's like watching the sunset in Northern Africa and seeing the sunrise of exotic Bali, Indonesia. You imagine the impact it would do to your life about working abroad. Learning styles vary. But as always, being flexible is the key to succeeding in your milieu. Social life in each posting varies. Some good, some low key- others, fantastic. There are places meant for single women and men and those perfect only for couples because adjustments could be tough and you need somebody to hold your hands when you feel disintegrated. That's the essence of hiring a couple. But now life is different where I am at. Am happily married and I do love the minimalist lifestyle husband and I do practice. I am grateful for my existence on earth and for meeting the right man bestowed upon to me by fate. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. wow.....you've expressed yourself really good and on the dot on this article.....even your deepest innermost feeling was sent....i love it!....can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw this comment. And nine years later, I am responding to this. Am glad you liked this entry. I have not written regularly on my blog. Life changes, people change. I change like a spider. Thanks for passing by!

    -Pizzicatto

    ReplyDelete

Comment: