Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunflowers

Coming home last night from the airport was exhausting but after seeing our veranda all lighted up and the sunflowers all abloom made all my anxieties to go away. What a joy to see these yellow sunflowers all over our little garden place in North Beach! One of the largest is here in the photo. When we left for Hawaii, the roses were in full bloom, and then coming back, the petals were getting off. This morning upon waking up, I pruned them all. Next spring, I'd plant early (sunflowers- from the seeds) and transplant each seedling in one large pot each. This way they would grow as big as a plate! And when that happens, the seeds will be bigenough as they begin sprouting from the corona. Then, I'd collect them for the next season! Just a thought. Am just happy to note that this spring was my first time to ever plant sunflowers and am absolutely thrilled they just flourish beautifully this summer! Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: