Friday, April 13, 2007

Decorating Your Veranda

My veranda is nothing great or big...it is just a series of plain vertical lines made of wrought iron and was created simply as something to accentuate the basic design of the flat we live in. When we checked out this unit ten months ago, it was this veranda that caught our attention. I visualized this to be filled with plants and vines. Now, it's lovely! I hanged my ivy plants on the exterior and as the ivy has grown through the ten months since we relocated here, I tie them with the garden string on the wrought iron to connect them safely. I water them when I don't see anyone walking by down our alley. I make sure no car is passing by when I do it or I'd be in big trouble. Lol!




My mint that comes in hiding when it gets too chilly here in the city, starts sprouting like endless silk in the spring. I used this hanging container of onions, garlic and potatoes from my kitchen in Ripon and recycled this as my plant holder for my sets of mint in the pots. It worked well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: