Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bangkok Connection~Date With Carmen: Lunch, January 4 and 7, 2007

Visiting old chums I have in Bangkok was heartwarming. Carmen and Wasinee entertained us in their beautiful home near R.I.S. We went to their place twice. The first was after our lunch date in a restaurant in Samakorn area and the second time around was during the party that was hosted by Carmen in her domicile. This time Weena (Wasinee's elder sister) was present and Pietro (their father), was there as well. Invited, too- were some nuns from the Holy Rosary congregation and Father Travis of the Redemptorist Fathers of Thailand. My former colleague in the middle school Aloha was present, too- as well as Emily and her daughters plus Beth and Flor.


On the January 4th date we had, Carmen collected us at our skyhotel in Bangkok~ Baiyoke. We were booked on the 62nd floor and Carmen was kind enough to deal with the Bangkok traffic to pick us up there in the Pratunam area. Wasinee was the chauffer. Carmen and Was came by to take us for a sumptuous lunch in a Thai restaurant in Samakorn. I almost forgot where it was only to remember I passed by it by each time I was coming home to my flat in Ramkhamhaeng Road in the mid 90s. Now that is a long time ago! The food was great! Boy Blue and I felt like an overfed elephant after our meal! Surely, we had fun reminsicing the years gone by.

I have not seen Carmen for a while but our reunion said it all~ that true friendship grows even when one is far or near~ it does not really matter, as distance is immaterial in real friendship. For the first time ever, Carmen, Weena and Wasinee met moi Little Boy Blue and they all agreed, he's a charmer and a real Valentino!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: