Saturday, December 16, 2006

French Bread Served with Smoked Salmon, Capers, Lemon, Cheese & Mint Leaves



I just had snacks of the above. I baked our favorite French bread and it was - crispy and crunchy on the outside and soft in the side! Husband loves it!

I'm a self-taught bread baker and only started out last year in November when husband bought me my standmixer, Artisan by Kitchenaid. Since then, I have been buying books, researching online and even going to our North Beach Library to borrow books on breadmaking, baking and cooking and it has been wonderful so far. I get better each time I try out new recipes. I learn from my error and have defined new ways to improve my baking or cooking style. If you would go to my archives, you'd see photos of those I baked in the past. And it was for the sheer fun and excitement that I get from it that makes me want to do it again and again. But since we are about ready to fly next week, I opted not to bake. But then when a week passes by and I don't bake, I feel like there's a whole in my heart. So today, I baked a bread. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: