Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!



Give thanks for all your blessing!Today, we are driving to Sta. Rosa, California for a luncheon date. I baked French buns and Majorcan ensaimadas. I also made the Spanish leche flan- all done in the spirit of thanksgiving!

PACKAGING IDEAS FOR HOME BAKED PASTRIES (French Buns and Majorcan Ensaimadas) AND FLAN (Spanish Custard) by Pizzicatto

I love to play up with materials to wrap my gifts with. Here, I used Reynold's brownie foil pan and covered them each with corrugated board- to protect the flan inside it to move. I inserted A4 computer paper around the "llanera" (oblong flan container) to make it more sturdy. I made this bow myself and tied around the strings to support the foil pans. And as I was working on them, I thought of covering the surrounding areas with Japanese paper. I crumpled it and as I worked through it, my ideas got beter and better and this is the result. For the final touch, I cut off paper lace for cakes to camouflage the corrugated board I used to protect the flan (custard) inside.

From here...(custard gift)



To this...



French buns...also known as French bread shaped into buns


Majorcan Ensaimadas (Spanish sweet rolled bread)



All of the above as best served with freshly brewed coffee- black~ no cream or sugar, to wash away the sweet taste of these dessert!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: