Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Visiting Bangkok On Jan. 3- 11, 2007



Emiliy Somrit and my goddaughter, Tara

I have a number of friends in Bangkok ,Thailand that I would get to visit next January 2007. I hope to see them all and spend sometime with them with moi husband. Yes! We will be in Manila from December 22, 2006 to January 15, 2007. We leave SFO on December 21 midnight and arriving in the Philippines one day later in the evening of December 22 at 10 PM. In between our stay in Manila I have planned a side trip to Thailand with dear husband. In the Philippines, my family is planning several trips for all of us in the provinces outsideManila. This should be nice! One of these include a trip to Villa Escudero in Quezon and of course, we will go to Tagaytay in Cavite. I decided to host a party to reunite my family and meet my relatives once more ~ those I have not seen in years. Through this gathering which I thought of setting up on December 30, my mom's birthday~ my relations would get to meet blue-eyed-husband. I also miss seeing my little nieces and nephews so this should be the right time for this event!


Olivier, my long time friend

Well, speaking about Thailand, husband and I are both ecstatic about this trip as there are a lot of things to see the Rose Garden, elephants, museums, etc.

Carmen, always  elegant & lovely in her beautiful home
. At this point in time, husband cannot contain his delight to have his first ever Thai massage! I always tell him how different it is there than how it is done here in California. Well, this excitement to hav it has yet to be on hold first since our tickets have not yet been booked because of the holidays in the Philippines, in Manila. These are the Halloween- October 31st; All Saint's Day tomorrow, November 1st and All Soul's Day on November 2nd. BTW, November 3rd is my dad's birthday! After these given dates above, my brother could contact my former travel agent in Southeast Travel after his return from his vacation. Philip (my brother) would purchase our two-way tickets to Bangkok from Manila. It is cheaper to buy in Asia tickets for Asian travel than to get them here online from San Francisco, CA. Relative to this trip, am quite delighted to receive email from Emily Somrit this morning about her referrals of reasonably priced hotels in Bangkok. Together with our mutual friends Olivier Fernandez and Carmen Noppakunthong- they are endorsing great ones with a wonderful amenities that include breakfast as well- so this is good news! And with their connections (I think) we can get discounted rates (yipee)! I hope this happens. We may select the Ibis Hotel in Huamark, Ramkhamhaeng.





~~~~

Husband and I may visit the school where I taught for 6 years. Anyhow, Dais, Carmen, Olivier and Emily are already getting excited and so are we! We will go for some ballroom dancing, too- as planned at Regent Hotel or elsewhere and if I remember right, they have nice live bands there- all imports from the US and South America. This is all for now. Cheers!



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: