Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mendocino County Trip Via Highway 1 North Of SFO


I am sick today. Husband brought me home from Muir Woods where Stinson Beach* can be seen from this mountain drive. The Stinson Beach* is located on Highway One, just north of San Francisco, California. The scenic highway is just one of the great reasons to visit Stinson Beach. We were heading to be at a hotel in Mendocino County (the place where Parducci wines are grown) at around 5 PM but that didn't push through. He drove me back to our place @ North Beach. At half past one, we were driving back and by 3 PM, we were home. He was urged to do it as the drive was 4 hours more and was unthinkable for me to be with him since I am already quite sick. But despite the 1 ½ hour’s drive back from the mountainside (along Stinson Beach) to San Francisco, he drove back without batting an eyelash so I could rest and be in my own bed while I recuperate, he said. Once we reached our flat, I walked past the stairs and dropped dead in bed; eyes closed and tried to sleep. Minutes later, husband was in front of me by the night table. He said, “good bye and take care.” Later, I heard him moving the stuff from the parking downstairs into our kitchen on the second floor. He carried them all as fast as he could~ my suitcase, the cooler, picnic basket and comforter (we bring our own). I know how stressful it is for him and tiring, too- to drive all the way back and forth. He was limited by time and space. I felt sorry for him, indeed. But the drive back was inevitable.

On the road, I threw up three times inside the van. The road was zigzag
(worse than the roads to Capri, Italy). Along Highway 1, the curves were too deep; I could feel my intestines swaying back and forth in a multitude of beats as I was seated in front of the van. My head was swinging inside me and the pang of pain was in a fast motion. I was so shaken, ultra sick and was just wishing I were back home and resting in bed. At this moment the dizzy spell came through. I puked in a speed of lighting! And it happened fast: I threw up in the plastic bag. Luckily I was able to grab it nearby and I was able to take off its content- as fast as I could, before it happened. The second time- I was able to get the plastic bag husband has handed me over earlier~taken from the back of the van (we stopped for a while at Muir Woods); the third time, I finally used his gigantic drinking/pitcher cup which he offered since we ran out of plastic bags to use (*sigh*).
I was very, very sick and was throwing up. I was in excruciating pain. I was wailing in silence. My body felt weak; the vertigo was coming in a second and it did then I just felt lifeless Later, tears were coming out from my eyes like waters from the tap. I felt so very sick. Husband stopped several times so I could have some time to breathe new oxygen again.

This afternoon I woke up at past 5 PM. And wondered why I still smell the faint scent of my vomit? It's weird coming back to me like a ghost. I checked myself and saw the dried strands of hair on my right and that told me where the scent was coming from. All at once, I ran to the kitchen sink and washed it with the available soap in it- glycerin. After a while, I smelled it and it smelled good.

Am still sick. As I write this entry, our flat is quiet with the absence of moi husband. I miss him.That Little Boy...

The stand lamp in the sitting room is on and he left it just the way we did it before in Ripon- each time we were traveling together, we leave it on to reflect seemingly that there is someone in the house even if there is no one there at all...

Today was supposed to be a nice day for us like a lovers' date since it was my first trip outside of the city since our relocation here last June. But things don’t always come as planned. One day you are healthy, and the next thing you know it, you are sick as a kitten in the tree. So now I feel like a baby crawling back to time and wishing I were with my Little Boy. Yikes!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: