Saturday, July 29, 2006

Eggplant Parmiganno and Lattice Apple Pie

Camera used: Treo Phone (with palm pilot by Cingular)*

***Click photos to enlarge***

I baked these for dinner last Wednesday evening. Success! The eggplant parmiganno was delicious and the apple pie remains to be moi husband's favorite. Yeah! The parmiganno was served with red wine and the pie, with hot brewed coffee and tea respectively for husband and moi. We had these before heading to the North Beach Jazz Festival that kicked off last Wednesday. Bars sponsoring this were the ones along Grant. Today a lot is going on at the Washington Square. I'll take photos tomorrow. Incidentally, my gf from my RIS days in Thailand is driving over from Sacramento for this event. We'd enjoy the concert at the park, have some drinks and go for our rounds of food gallore! Meanwhile, husband decided to volunteer as bar tender. I backed off. haha!

Today, we decided to take a breather and stay at home the whole day...resting.


For dinner, I am right now baking the "Old Fashioned Southern Meat Loaf" by Paula of www.foodnetwork.com and earlier on I baked "Lemon Meringue Pie." For this one, I used the Good Housekeeping recipe and the crust wasn't at all flattering. Yikes! The side burned a bit but am learning my lesson. Geewiz!

I'd stick to Home and Garden recipe for crust pie recipe! They advise to cover the side with foil to refrain from burning and to put on the cookie pan underneath the pie pan. Hence, true to their advise, the crust I baked today had the edge half burned- so I covered the edge when I baked the meringue with folded aluminum foil, the width equals that of the edge. But despite of that the crust still burned so I at once removed the foil. What happened next? Well, the meringue did shrink! After it cooled down it really got smaller. I Ayayay! Will post photos later. Ciao! Can't be perfect all the time. Right? Need to learn some lessons about humility and the right attitude to make me a better chef. Ok, ciao for tonight. Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: