Sunday, May 21, 2006

Yard Sale Yesterday



It was not as much fun as the last year. Although many came to join, sellers didn't have as much variety and novelty stuff to sell. I was able to avail quite a few items and these were:

1. Avon mascara and eyeliner (new; $2.50 each)- at the pharmacy and mall, mascara would cost like $12.00 to $25.00 each same as the eyeliner. I use Clarins but I can try Avon if I am not allergic to it.

2. Brass weighing scale (old; $2.00)- this is like 8” tall. Very cute with 5 tiny cylinders to measure weight.

3. Bread warmer-terra cotta (new; $1.00)- since living in CA, I have enjoyed baking bread for the first time ever since late last year. Anyhow, I have learned the basics, bought some bread gadgets and of late, was eyeing a bread warmer in terra cotta at Sur la Table (a kitchen specialty shop in SFO’s Ferry Building). I bought a few items there were last week and they were quite costly! Finding this bread warmer (exact brand) was like "serendipity."


4. Cotton laces for crafts and sewing (old stock; $1.00)- these are old but new~good for my crafts work and needlework at home. I am preparing to décor our new flat in San Francisco and this should be useful to ornament the kitchen towels and hand towels for the bathroom.

5. Olive oil stoneware jar and dip/canapé container (new; $8.00)- I have one like this but it has an ear to hold it and didn't come in a set. It can hold 2 liters of olive oil. I got it at the "Almond Blossom Festival" in February 2 years ago for $16.00! This one (see photo) I purchased yesterday at the yard sale is great and came with a set of 4 square saucers used for dipping olive oil and balsamic vinegar when eating a toast as antipasto for pasta.

6. Steel planter holder (small-old: $.50; large-old: $8.00)-
I like these ones. The large one is gorgeous.

Husband bought a crab net for crab fishing and paid $5.00 only for it. New- it would cost more for about $25 plus. Other stuff he got were paperbacks by Dan Brown and some Lennocks ceramics.

We started our hunt before 9 AM and finished at around 12. 30 noontime. On the road while cruising along we had our drinks of hot tea and hot coffee; ate our "oatmeal-almond-chocolate-crunchy cookies" (I baked them days ago) and as always, it was practical to have something to munch on while traveling and shopping! Bye. Until next blog! Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: