Monday, May 29, 2006

Crab Fishing, Anyone?


I grew up eating crabs, having been born and raised in the tropics where abundance of seafoods lies deep in the ocean. But this does not mean that I have ever gone fishing or crab fishing. Ayayay! My first fishing experience was here in California at Mc Lear Lake. It was funny. I can't even hold a live fish nor the worm. Yikes!I was scared! I get panicky holding the fishing rod when it started to move! I get rattled. Hahahaa! All I did two years ago was to watch husband do all the work and he said, "Wow, it's tiring to fish with you because you just watch me fish and I do all the work!" But then I said, "Well, at least you got your muse with you!" And he had a ball (more laughs)!

Looking back...

I saw crabs when I was little, running in the sand across the shore. And these were t
iny crabs. Well, surprise, surprise, surprise! Well,today husband and I will go crab fishing in Santa Cruz, California. Whew! And I'd see if the crabs are nothing larger than those tiny little creatures of my childhood! We will leave before noon today and go to the wharf. We got our crab fishing net two weeks ago so we are set on doing this. Besides it's Memorial Day today so we have the time. It's a holiday!

Well...

Last night, I spent the time packing until about 2.40 AM~ I sorted out all the gear we needed for this week's trip. Our venue this time is San Jose, CA since little boy's business meetings is in this region. Thiswould be my first trip in San Jose so I am kind of excited (we will check in there after our crab fishing escapade). We are booked in Marriott Hotel. Wednesday, my friend from Beacon School (a private international school in the Philippines), Agnes Manlangit, is meeting me in Mariott and we will take the public bus in San Jose and would explore the city! We plan to visit the famous Rosicrucian Center and see other scenic places.

(NOTE: when I was in college, I was fascinated by Rosicrucian and even thought of studying the philosophy- it's like NEW AGE. Anyhow, that didn't push through because I opted to remain true with my Catholic faith). Ok, gotta dash! Will post my crab fishing journal later. Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: