Friday, April 28, 2006

Yesterday When They Were Young


This is my all-time favorite poem for all seaons. I knew this poem when I was about sixteen. Now, I am not a spring chicken anymore but still am delighted to read this poem time and again. Today, I thought I'd share this to all my blog readers.



Childhood Is A Time Of Innocence
~Joan Walsh Anglund~

Childhood is a time of innocence.
It is the morning time of life when all is change and wonder.
It begins with being born and ends with growing up.
It is a small world of pennies and wishes... of sudden friendships... and short sorrows.
It is big stairs and small footprints.
It is joy...and laughter...and make believe.
Childhood is a magic place of dreams...
where everything is possible and the best is just beginning.
It is a timeless place...
where minutes are not numbered and the hours are sweet with happiness.

Childhood is for exploring... It is for running...and reaching... and touching...and seeing... and tasting...and hearing...and learning... but, mostly, it is for growing.

Childhood is when we are young. It is the happy hour... the passing dream... the tender time of innocence that is part of us forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: