Friday, March 03, 2006

Little Italy in San Francisco #8

Apartment complex on Kearny (above) and Vallejo St. (below); see record bars in black background (above) and the white one (below). They are positive and negative in design motif! I visited them both and both carry musical instruments for sale- mostly electric guitars and long playing records from the 60's flower people era up to the late '90s music. Both focus on music of the '70s like Tower of Power, Chicago, Doors, Janis Joplin, Jimmy Hendrix, Mick Jagger and the Monkeys to name a few! The one with the black background with white music notation motif had gramaphone on display outside, it's really huge! This had an Oscar Peterson CD. I didn't buy though, just looked! I was still kind of drowsy but I enjoyed my walk minus my better half (at work, had meetings, etc...).
Cafe afficionados come here for dinner. We were in this area last night and had marghueritta pizza and della casa salad. The balsamic vinegar and olive oil mixed together made the salad to taste sweeter than I've tasted before. But it was quite good! Most pizzerias are small in size that makes it all cozy to dine over dim light and some anthology of Italian songs. Whew! We had a good dinner then walked right back to our hotel. Mamamia, it was sooooooooooo cold last night! We heard people speaking in Italian as we were walking! I remember when I was in Italy- back in the late '90s, I had a great time eating and looking around for art and stuff from that region. I got to speak a bit of Italian, poco but those were limited to words akin to musical terms and vocabulary. But the Italians were amused nonetheless. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: